Sunday, April 18, 2004

Things Uncovered While not Grading

Last week my cable was turned off. I requested this action, due to insufficient funds and some kind of attention disorder thing. Today, I ate my lunch. Instinctively, like a newborn calf reaching for its mother's teat even before its opened its newborn eyes, I squatted myself in front of the television, despite the fact that it was NOT ON, and ate, stared at the reflective surface of the screen, and contemplated my own inanity. Ah, Life. This is what its all about. Staring at my own masticating self and seeing that for all these years I have worked for this, for the primacy of perfect self consciousness, seeing everything all at once, like Borges' Aleph, all the world came together in one shining moment of unified beauty. Where am I? Who am I? How did it all begin? From a shining twinkle in the creator's eyes to this pulsing lump of flesh, why can't we all just put our hands together and be injected with love, unity of selfhood, freedom. And then I mentally turned off the TV. And as the image faded from consciousness to reality, I ascended and felt myself finally free, free of this physical world, free from the burdens and groans of impending age, of the woes of the material world. And I flew away like the little bird that I am.

And I am so full of shit.

By the way, last night was awesome. Thanks to everyone who came out, and thanks to my band for rocking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home