Saturday, November 20, 2004

Come on People

I may have just met one of the reasons why Bush got re-elected. His argument, (one of his many convoluted and misinformed arguments), relied heavily upon the fact that apparently according to something he read somewhere (fact check?) John Kerry pays less in taxes (percentage wise) than G.W. Bush. And this he interprets as meaning that "Kerry doesn't support the average $45,000 /yr. middles class american."

ARE YOU SHITTING ME? HOW FUCKING POOR DOES A MOTHERFUCKER HAVE TO BE TO SATISFY THE NEEDS OF THE "AVERAGE" "$45.000/YR" "MIDDLE CLASS" "AMERICAN"?

seriously though, I'm sorry but John Kerry hardly makes Bush look like a pauper. The fact of the matter is, no "common" wage earning individual will ever make a run for senate, let alone the presidency. You gotta be rich bitch to run all those informative ads on the tv. And FYI, being president means you don't have to pay for anything. Really. It's the most powerful V.I.P. pass EVER. So if in fact Bush pays more percentage wise in taxes, guess who pays for his fucking jet? WE DO. I can't even begin to express the irritation I feel that anyone out there has bought this line of shit about Bush being more for the working class than Kerry.

And furthermore, said individual also said that we should be happy for Iraq because now the women and children over there are not being raped and murdered by Saddam's sons. Is it even necessary for me to qualify how inanely and opulently and disgustingly irrational this statement is?

And I said, why don't we do something about the women being murdered and raped here? I said how come when a bunch of white college boys get a bunch of girls wasted and then do it to them it's called (at worst) "harrasment" or maybe "hazing" and most of the time it's called nothing because lots of women in this country are socialized to think that it's what your supposed to to when a boy wants it, except if that boy is black, then we call it "Rape." News Flash conservatives, there's more than one way to oppress a woman! And different countries do it in different ways, for different political reasons! See? You cannot categorically vilify Muslims for being oppressive toward women without turning that glance inward and inspecting the violent and disgusting rites of passage women in "civilized" "western" "westernized" countries are supposed to endure. Just because such oppression has entered the realm of the ideological does not mean it is acceptable.

But why do I feel like I'm wasting my breath? The key, I've discovered, by sitting through many an infuriating civil rights discussion, is that for those who want to mouth off, for those who want to make the ill-founded, ill-conceived mass judgment, and for those who are just plain stupid, let em have it. And one last thing, I really don't appreciate any middle class white male whose making $45,000 a year whining about the taxes he has to pay "I can't even buy a house," he says. Sell your fucking SUV, take the bus, and stop eating out you lard ass!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home